Sunday, July 28, 2013

Not a Radical

I discovered something the other day. I was referred to as a radical.
Let me explain why I'm not a radical, I just believe that things are fucked up and they need to change.

Supporting a whistle blower is not being a radical.

Supporting someone who said the government isn't representing your best interests abroad doesn't make me a radical, it makes me someone who believes our government doesn't have my best interests in mind when they're starting wars for false reasons.

Supporting someone who told the American people and the world that the government is breaking the fourth amendment on a daily basis doesn't make me a radical, it makes me a concerned citizen and someone who doesn't believe the bullshit the government shoves down my throat through mainstream media outlets.

I think my children should attend decent schools and be taught by teachers who know what they're talking about and not have religion shoved down their throats at a "Public" school paid with my tax money.

My daughter if she's raped shouldn't be told, "You can't do that here."  is she chooses to abort the fetus caused by the rape because a Senator or Congressman has issues with women based on a God and a book that I don't believe in.

I think my children should have healthcare paid by the government, not because I'm a liberal or because I want a welfare state, but because if you're really doing what your God says, you've read the wrong bible.

I believe anyone who bases their prejudices on a book that is thousands of years old needs to reevaluate their reading material, it's 2013!

Not letting someone marry another human they're in love with isn't based on a book, it's based on prejudices that you've carried because your grandparents talked down about gays the way their grandparents talked down about African-Americans. It's not doing what God wants, it's what you want because you're a bigot.

Wanting poor people and the mentally ill to be taken care of doesn't make me a radical it makes me compassionate.

Wanting my government to treat everyone equally, and not base that equality on how much money is in my bank account, the color of my skin, my sexual preference or disability.

Is it really radical to want the troops who've fought in wars which were fought on bullshit pretenses to be taken care of. Whether they have PTSD, been mangled by IED's or have another ailment that should be taken care of by the country they've served valiantly and without complaints. Does that really make me a radical?

If you still believe I'm a radical for all of the reason I've listed, fine, I'm a radical, but you're a sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment